Saturday, March 2, 2013

February Flew By....

February was fast and furious.
I'd like to think it was because it only had 28 days this year.
We started the month with the flu.
We celebrated my 45th birthday (can't believe that).
We had a week off mid-month.
The next thing I knew it was March.
Currently...
Both girls are dancing 2x a week at SPCB.
They are preparing for a "Sleeping Beauty"
recital in June.
Kendal is now in school five days a week.
Getting ready for kindergarten.
She has nightly homework...and likes it.
Lindsay loves school,
though she is not a fan of waking up early.
Mornings can be torturous
(especially for me).
We have an incentive plan going,
it worked this week.
There's an allowance involved.
Took the girls to Benihana for dinner.
It was my birthday pick.
That is quite an entertaining place.
After all the bells and whistles...and dinner,
Kendal announced she most definitely will order
the mac n cheese next time
(after having shrimp and chicken).
Wonder how they cook that on the
tepan table.
We spent time at Disneyland
during our winter break.
First time without a stroller.
All went well.
We had fun!
Looking forward to heading there again soon.
Big changes...
Estela is no longer with us.
A HUGE adjustment for our family.
She was able to start working for a friend of mine
who just had a baby in October.
Life without her is...
well
rough!
She did so much for our family.
She was family.
We will still see her and have her babysit.
I couldn't bring myself to say good-bye to her...
nor was I emotionally ready to write her a letter.
The depth of gratitude and feeling of loss
were both too overwhelming.
Still are.
We love her and she will always
be family to us.
As I navigate my way through life without her,
I am fully able to see
the blessing she was to our family.
For that I am so grateful.
That's it for now...
hoping to post during March...
more than once.
 
 Winter Break Fun at Disneyland

The many faces of Kendal
 The many faces of Lindsay

Princesses Lola and Kendal

No comments: