On Tuesday Mike and I will be married 8 years.
Hands down the two most amazing things that have happened in our lives together, are the blessings of our daughters Lindsay and Kendal.
We have changed over the years...and have experience some growing pains as a couple.
We go through peaks and valleys, as all couples do.
We know our first priority is our children,
and look to do the best we can to show them love and how to love.
We need to spend more time together as a couple,
and our relationship often gets put on the back burner.
We often spend our together time discussing our girls...
which I guess married couples with children do.
We both work hard to provide for our family.
Mike is more patient with Lindsay,
while I am more patient with Kendal.
We have different views about faith and God,
but both know we want our daughters to have faith and know God.
Mike is a night owl...
and I am the opposite.
I am a worrier...
Mike, not so much.
Mike is really well read and intelligent...
sometimes to the point where I cannot believe how much he knows about so many things.
He beats me a Jeopardy every time.
I am a people person,
where Mike could do without people most days.
I am a better cook,
he is a better housekeeper.
When he is hungry he is a nightmare;
when I am tired, I am a nightmare.
He is amazingly talented with his hands,
and has made our home a beautiful place...himself.
Our dog prefers Mike, and she paces the floors when he is not home...
but I'm the one that typically feeds her.
The girls love to rough house and be silly with their daddy;
they prefer to snuggle and have quiet time with me.
Mike watches TV to unwind;
I read.
Our taste in music is quite different;
but we both share a love for John Mayer and Keith Urban.
At the end of the day...
it is the security of having him in my life that makes me smile and feel content.
I always think of Rascal Flatts' song "God Bless The Broken Road" when I think of Mike and our relationship.
It took time, heartbreak, and faith to find someone to share my life with...
and I'm glad it's him.
xo











No comments:
Post a Comment