Friday, July 6, 2012

To Be Productive or Not To Be Productive

Yes...it's been a VERY long time since I last posted. The end of the school year for any teacher is insane. Add two children, daily swim lessons, a husband, main bathroom under construction and a dog to the mix and well...sometimes things get a bit backed up.
The two faces above are the main reason blogging has been at a stand still...we're spending some much needed quality time together, which is the BEST! Yes, we lounge, spend the day at Disneyland (with our favorite Auntie aka, Auntie Alina), swim, color, walk, talk, cook, bake and laugh...whenever we feel like it...that's the beauty of summer.
My girls are growing so quickly...too quickly. They both have distinct personalities and are the best of friends. In the morning when they greet each other so lovingly...I always think...how awesome it must be to have an instant best friend every day when you wake up. They have their sisterly moments...but most days you will find the two knee deep in something t-o-g-e-t-h-e-r. I feel so blessed.
What I despise about summer is the lack of routine. Structure is in my blood...so when there is no structure...I find myself longing for it! With this said...my summer days can be so unproductive...which stresses me out! Ugh! I really get sooooooo much more done when I am working 9 hours a day and running from one place to the next. 
So, I've made myself a list of things I really want to accomplish this summer...some personal and some family related. Perhaps checking things off this list will make me feel more productive and help me live more in the moment...and not stress so much about being "unproductive".
One major thing on this list...is to write...a lot more...here...so my sweet girls will have memories and their mommy's thoughts documented.
Happy Friday!

No comments: