Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Sharing Day Dilemmas


Most Fridays at Lindsay's Pre-School are sharing days. Occasionally there will be a theme posted on her class' monthly calendar which asks them to bring something more specific. Last week they were talking about bunnies all week and on Friday they were to bring something soft and cuddly to share. I asked her that morning what she'd like to bring (at least a choice of 25 stuffed animals) and she said "nothing". I pressed on..."Lindsay, what are you going to bring today to share, your teacher (yeah, blame it on the teacher right)wants you to bring something" Lindsay "No, mom I don't like to share"....silence...I explain that sharing day means you need to share with your friends but you always bring home whatever you took to school. Lindsay expresses she does not like when her friends want to see her things at school "they're mine". The final compromise, more for the sake that I look good for reading the school calendar and knowing that she was suppose to bring something soft and cuddly, two stuffed animals...one for her to hold and one for her to share...the comical thing is that the one she was going to relinquish to her friends belonged to her sister...conclusion: she's too smart for her own britches sometimes.

No comments: